The ECONOMIC GROWTH FUND is designed to support initiatives and projects which aim to achieve growth in the district economy through commercial activity. This grant scheme has a total of £300,000 to allocate for this financial year.
- Applications received will be considered on a quarterly basis and the scheme will close following the allocation of the total funds available.
- Applications for grants should be for no less than £4,000 and no more than £100,000.
- Grants can be offered at 100%, however this will be reviewed on a project by project basis
- Applications can be made by businesses or organizations which aim to provide economic growth in the Richmondshire district through their initiatives.
- Purchases can be for capital or revenue projects, for example, business expansion projects training and consultancy, feasibility studies, capital works and so on.
- Grants for general day to day running costs/ on-going revenue costs will generally not be accepted however will be considered on a project by project basis
- The organization must have been solvent for a period of two years at the time of the application and where appropriate have a good track record with Richmondshire District Council accounts – such as business rates
- A minimum of three quotes must be provided for each intended purchase
- Organizations are required to provide an up to date business plan to accompany the proposal.
- Only invoices/receipts dated after the offer of a grant will be accepted as proof of expenditure and grants cannot be claimed retrospectively.
- Applications from individuals and statutory bodies will not be accepted unless there is evidence of a wider economic benefit to the project assessed on a case by case basis.
Deadlines for bids Applications should be received in full by 5pm on the deadline date to be considered during the following meeting Social Fund & Economic Growth Fund (Quarterly meetings)
Deadline for applications
- 1st February 2017
- 1st May 2017
- 1st August 2017
- 1st November 2017
- 22nd February 2017
- 24th May 2017
- 23rd August 2017
- 22nd November 2017
For advice on the scheme or support in pulling together your application or supporting accompanying information, contact Richmondshire District Council’s Business and Community Support Officer (Grants): Samantha Coultish – Business & Community Richmondshire District Council Mercury House Station Road Richmond North Yorkshire DL10 4JX Telephone: 01748 901037 (Direct Line)